Many organizations worked closely together to reach out to providers and to gather input and information regarding the EHR vendor landscape in 2012. The overarching goal for this project was to determine where the Last Mile Management Office (LMMO) can have the greatest impact interfacing the statewide HIE services with the Commonwealth’s providers and provider organizations. MeHI identified the following specific goals for the project:
- Identify the EHR vendors with products currently installed with Massachusetts providers and estimate the market share (as defined by number of providers served) by provider segment for the vendors that have a significant presence.
- Rank EHR vendors by provider segment
- Identify and categorize the HIE users and their currently anticipated deployment configurations. (For this initial phase, MeHI is focusing only on those providers that are currently using an EHR system.)
- Assess and document the current development timeline of major EHR vendors for offering customers production ready software versions that are compliant with both stage 2 meaningful use and Direct.
- Identify specific EHR integration recommendations to inform the LMMO strategy