The Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts is an international leader in virtually every area of medicine and has pioneered breakthroughs that have improved countless lives around the world. A major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, the Brigham has a legacy of excellence that continues to grow year after year.
With 150 outpatient practices and more than 1,200 physicians, the Brigham serves patients from New England, across the United States, and from 120 countries around the world. Brigham and Women’s Hospital is part of Brigham Health, a global leader that is devoted to maintaining and restoring health for people everywhere.
The Brigham Digital Innovation Hub
The Brigham Digital Innovation Hub (iHub) at Brigham Health uses digital health technology to provide patient-centered, efficient and safe healthcare. The iHub evaluates and advances ideas from Brigham Health clinicians, researchers and staff and builds digital health infrastructures around technologies that meet hospital challenges.
The iHub strives to become the collaborator of choice in digital healthcare. Through an innovative partnership model at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, start-ups and industry partners can work with iHub to build and validate products in clinical settings.
The companies that partner with iHub will have access to researchers, clinicians and other staff as well as the expanding ecosystem of digital health initiatives and infrastructure at Brigham Health.
Partnering with iHub at Brigham Health
Option 1: Subject Matter Expert Feedback
- Access to subject matter experts (e.g., clinicians, scientists, digital health experts)
- Facilitate focus groups to solve specific challenges
- Allow use of the iHub’s open innovation studio
- Consultation on product design with Brigham Health experts
- Review start-up pitches and provide analysis
Option 2: Simulation and Testing
- Clinical workflow observation and analysis
- Match start-up offerings with Brigham Health strategy and operational needs
- Conduct an Information Security Review
- Technical assessment of start-up’s product
Option 3: Validation and Co-Development
- Participate in the Digital Health Innovation Guide (DHIG) process to scope and review collaboration with Brigham Health
- Pilot test a digital health product in a Brigham Health clinical setting
- Work with the Brigham’s world-class research capabilities to study a digital health product’s impact